Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Vani Jayaram

At around 10:15 pm yesterday, I was about to go out when my mother called (I reside in a hostel). She said with good amount of excitement that Vani Jayaram was hosting a show on ETV and the show was going on then. My mother was excited because I like Vani mam very much and I have never seen her on TV before. I ran to the TV room. By the time I went there, the show came to an end. I just had a look at her and heard a little from her voice. Her divine voice reminded me some of my old memories.

Long Long back, me and my mother were listening to the song "Ennenno Janmala Bandham" from the movie Pooja (Telugu). I pointed out to my mother, the very different feel the female voice in the song had. My mother, a very big fan of Susheela (as a matter of fact I myself am), commented that the song would have been more beautiful with Susheela's voice. I could not agree with her as the voice I just heard was unlike any other I had heard before. It was when I heard the song "Aanatineeyara" from Swathi Kiranam (Telugu), I came to know about the legend Vani Jayaram. I later heard many other songs of Vani mam and obviously became her fan.

I wish she had sung more in Telugu.

See my earlier post on Vani Jayaram

http://musicandmyth.blogspot.com/2009/01/jayaram-vani-puthri.html

1 comment:

  1. I am another big fan of Vani jayaram gaaru, presently I am trying to collect her songs as more as possible and I need her photograph too, I want to draw her portrait, if you have any pictures of her ,is it possible to send me?
    regards
    Anwar

    ReplyDelete