Saturday, January 17, 2009

My favourite Music Directors



Ilayaraaja:
There are no words that can describe the
Raaja of music. He is my passion, my obsession, my inspiration, my love, my interest. He is synonym of music for me. The way he captures feelings, subtle emotions in his compositions is unparalleled. If one talks about Raaja, his excellence in scoring the background should be mentioned . I wonder how many movies became successful because of him. All his compositions not only succeed in conveying the right feeling needed for the particular scene but also have great technical values. He is loved by both Carnatic musicians and music-laymen equally. Writing about Ilu(I like to call him so) is like writing Mahabharata. He is a complete and perfect composer.






K V Mahadevan: This musical legend is very well known for the importance he gave to lyrics. He has Carnatic base in his compositions which I really love. He is one of the few and first to bring classical music into masses. His choice of singers is exceptional and he really gets the best from them. All his compositions for Vishwanath are unforgettable masterpieces.






A R Rahman: Another great composer India is proud of. He revolutionized the Indian film music. He is not only a great composer but also a fabulous sound designer. He makes use of the technology like nobody else. The awards he won are countless. He also won the maximum number of national awards as a music director.He must also be credited for making Indian music popular all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment